PUPIL NOTICES 27 MAY – 2 JUNE 2013
EXP 13 – Summer Camp @ the Benmore Centre – Dunoon
Monday 22 July – Friday 26July 2013
In conjunction with Scripture Union
Christians from the Dunoon area are running EXP 13
a 5-day residential camp for young folk from P6-S6.
There will be a load of fun for all with a huge range of games, outdoor activities, sports and crafts to have a go at,
all combined with good food, good laughs and opportunities to explore more about Christian faith.
Cost for the 5-day event is £125.
EXP 13 is supported by Hope 2 Oban and will be attended by Ewen Munro of the H2O team.
Further details on how to apply are available from Ewen.
SSC – Summer Camps at Struan
Camp forms are available from Ewen Munro, H2O.
The following pupils have been asked to play at a concert on the afternoon of Thursday 30 May. They will be absent Periods 6 & 7.
Lewis Thomas 3S1 Bronwen Davies 2D1
Kate Little 2O1 Lynne MacLean 3S2
Fiona McLean 2O2 Lorne Carmichael 3S1
Katherine Tamplin 3F2 Katy Gillepsie 3D2
Sophie Campbell 3O2
S3-S5 Pupils - Battlefields Trip
Passports and EHIC cards must be handed into Mrs Binnie by the end of May.
Additional trip to Edinburgh Book Festival
Wednesday 21 August
· Choir starts again at the change of timetable
· Gaelic Choir cancelled for the remainder of the term due to poor numbers - starting again in August
The following pupils MUST pay the next instalment on the ski trip as soon as possible.
Rachel Birkett 3D2, Sophie Campbell 3O2, Katy Gillespie 3D2, Craig MacIntyre 2D2, Lomond MacPherson 2S1, Fiona McLean 2O2, Owen Neilson 2D1, Brooke Nisbet 3F2, Ryan Strathern 1F1, Katherine Tamplin 3F2, Harry Tamplin 1F1
There are now six places left on ski trip. Please see Miss Pollock for details.
Any students who would like to try and learn some of the traditional heavy events from the Highland Games should attend the new after school club on Mondays on the rugby pitch with Mr Hamilton.
The Monday Gymnastics club has finished now until the start of the new session.
Calling all journalists and photographers
· Interested in a career in journalism?
· We are looking for roving reporters and photographers to help with a school newspaper and provide articles for the school website.
· Open to all year groups.
· Come to the library at 1.20 pm on Monday 27 May for more information.
NO ROCK SOLID THIS MONTH
UNTIL THE EXAMS ARE FINISHED
· Archery has now moved outside to the rugby pitch after school on Tuesday.
· Meet up at the benches next to the pitch.
The Athletics club has started up on a Wednesday 3.45 pm till 4.45 pm after school for any year group.
We will be working on running, jumping and hurdling.
S1 and S2 pupils who are interested in going to the Edinburgh Book Festival should see Miss Black or Miss Russell for more information.
Youth Games 2013 – Teams so far
Beth Danskin Leanne Morrison Selina Keppie
Olivia Nisbet Laura Ketchion Lucy Stewart
Evie Workman Katie Gillespie Kerry McLeod
Olivia MacLeod Laura Campbell Sandra McAllister
Hannah Graham Anna Barrington Sophie Green
Fiona McLean Kayti McKinnon
Morven MacF-D Beth Menzies Jade Dowell
Ellen Barlow Megan Evans Heather Fothergill
Need at least one more player
We still need pupils to participate in:
· Softball, Tennis, Swimming and Badminton
More information in the PE Department
· Remember – the Youth Games are for CURRENT S1/S2 pupils.
· You can only participate in ONE sport.
· If you would like to try out for any of the following teams you must attend training NEXT WEEK after school on the following days:
Girls Football – Monday Boys Football – Monday
Softball – Tuesday Boys Shinty – Tuesday
Badminton – Tuesday Girls Rugby – Wednesday
Boys Rugby – Wednesday Athletics – Wednesday
Basketball – Wednesday ` Tennis – See Miss Pollock
Dance – see Mrs Gemmell Swimming – See Mrs Reynolds
We need over 120 pupils so please give it a go and try out.
S2’s this is your last year to bring back medals for Oban High School. We got 9/12 last year, this year we are going for 12/12!!!
Higher Geography Supported Study
Thursdays 3.45 pm - 4.45 pm
Standard Grade Geography Supported Study
Tuesdays 3.45 pm - 4.45 pm
All young people (11-15 years) wanting to go along to the Iona Walking Pilgrimage Friday 7 - Sunday 9 June, please collect Booking/Consent Forms, Itinerary, Check List and Letter, from office by Friday 31 May.
For telephone bookings call Craiglodge Office 01838 200216 or Youth Office 01838 200347.
Completed and signed consent forms are a must to attend pilgrimage! See Denise or Oonagh in E3 during Friday lunchtime.
· Philosophy Club will meet on Thursday lunchtime until timetable changeover in June.
· Mrs Sharp's room, 1.20 pm, bring your lunch.
· We are very keen for those of ALL faiths and beliefs to come along to share their views.