Our aim at Eastwood School is to provide a high quality education based on inclusion and equality.
We will do this by:
· Providing a range of courses appropriate to the needs of all pupils.
· Striving to raise standards of educational achievement and attainment for every child.
· Developing teaching and learning strategies to support the needs of all pupils.
· Supporting all pupils in their learning and development thereby encouraging them to reach their full potential.
· Developing a sense of citizenship in our pupils and our partnership with parents and the wider community.
· Ensuring effective use and targeting of resources, including accommodation, finance and staff.
· Providing effective management and leadership that supports self evaluation planning.
Providing a friendly and positive working environment.
Eastwood High School values high academic standards and one of our key functions as a school is to ensure that everyone within the school community achieves their full potential. Statistical tables detailing pupil examination performance can be found in the school handbook. Eastwood High School pupils continue to perform well above the national average in National Qualifications in S4 and in S5 and S6 (Advanced Higher, Higher and Intermediate levels).
In addition to being encouraged to achieve the highest standards in academic studies Eastwood High School pupils have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities encompassing sports, clubs and recreational activities. At Eastwood, we believe that these activities make a most valuable contribution to a child’s education.
At Eastwood High School we have high expectations of all our pupils and are committed to further raise standards. We will work diligently to ensure that pupils’ time at Eastwood is characterised by success, achievement and happiness.