18 June 2014
Thank you for supporting our school by ensuring that your child wears full school uniform. This support is greatly appreciated and almost all pupils are wearing uniform. If you are planning to buy new school shoes for August, may I remind you that all pupils should be wearing plain black shoes with black laces – no coloured trim, coloured logos, etc. Plain black trainers are also acceptable, but not ones with white toe caps (e.g. Converse) or white laces.
I would also like to remind you that leggings/jeggings are not appropriate school wear for girls.
Here is Duncanrig’s uniform code:
· Plain white school shirt
· School tie
· Plain black school trousers or plain black school skirt (of knee length)
· Plain black jumper or cardigan that allows school ties to be seen
· Black school shoes/boots
The uniform code is very simple and relatively cheap with scope for parent/pupil choice. However, certain items, of clothing are not acceptable.
· White shirt and tie
· Black formal trousers/skirt
· Black V-necked sweaters or cardigans – no logos
· Black shoes/boots
· Trainers are acceptable but only if they are 100% black
· Hooded tops, track suits
· Jeans (including black jeans and brushed jeans), combat trousers, cargo pants, shorts, denim jackets, leisure/sports wear.
· Coloured tops, tops related to sports teams, tops with logos
· Polo shirts or black/grey/striped shirts
· Large or coloured belts, footless tights, non-black laces
· Large items of jewellery
· No hats or caps
Outdoor jackets/anoraks must be removed in classrooms.
Again, thank you very much for your continued support in making Duncanrig a great school.
Acting Head Teacher